यह लेख हिन्दी में पढ़ें।
Whether to use glass feeding bottle or the plastic one for baby feeding is an endless and consistent debate; since I was a kid, I am hearing this. Many people believe that the main culprit behind colic and gastric problems in case of newborn babies is – these feeding bottles.
Without any shadow of the doubt, for babies, no food, no supplement can beat mother’s feed. However, cases of no mother feed are not new and many babies are not lucky enough to have this nectar. In those cases, bottle feeding remains the only solution. Another harsh reality behind the use of these bottles is- a significant fraction of the mother are working these days. And, after availing the eligible maternity leave, they have to leave their babies with bottles. But, do you know that One reason behind tummy infections and gastric problems is not only the material of bottle, but also the cleanliness. Buy an electric steam sterilizer today.
It all started when I got to know this when I had to bear the uninterrupted weeping of my few months’ old little angel. It is not that I was not cleaning and boiling those bottles on the stove, but after medical tests, my baby’s pediatrician Mr. Mehta advised me to have an electric steam sterilizer.
It was a shocking revelation made by my pediatrician that in many regions of the town, water is still not safe; at least for babies. Even those water purifiers are not capable of purifying all water impurities.
I know, when I talked about my decision of investing a few thousand bucks on an electric steam sterilizer, people opposed me; you have an RO filter at home, you don’t need to buy one. But, nothing stopped me because nothing was more important than my angel’s smile.
How can I forget those sleepless nights of my little angel that she had to live with because of her tummy infection, despite taking all precautionary measures? After a long research, I finally purchased – Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer. And, trust me, I am quite content with the product.
A little I would like to share about Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
Before I mention any plus points of this item, let me tell you, this is already crowned as “bestseller” product on amazon. Just to give you an idea of how popular this product is among new parents.
With the use of this sterilizer, to have germs and bacteria free bottles is now a very easy thing. Within 10 minutes you can have 6 sterilized bottles.
How to use it
Using it is very easy and needs no special skills or training manuals.
- Before using it for the first time, I must say, after unboxing it, give it a clean wash.
- Without keeping the baby bottles, give it a go for the 5-7 minute. The only logic is – making it bacteria free for any existing impurity. Once done, throw the water/condensation out and your sterilizer is ready for the use.
- Next thing you need to do, lift up the sterilizer’s rack (the one with light blue color) and fill your sterilizer with at least 200 ML (7 ounces) of clean water.
- Put that rock back and starting with bottle nipples.
- After putting nipples now is the turn for lids. Put three lids on the lower slots and 3 on the upper slots. Look for the right slots.
- Finally, put all 6 Philip Avent bottles in the prescribed rings. Put them all upside down.
- All done. Close the top lid and make sure you hear a click sound.
- Wait for another 10 minutes and you will be having 6 completely sterilized bottles (bottles, nipples, and lids) for your baby.
It is that easy.
What I liked about this product
- Within 10 minutes, I can have 6 completely sterilized bottles. On the stove, it used to take ages.
- Also, if your baby is using teethers or if you are using a breast pump, you can use this electric steam sterilizer for best results.
- Being lightweight, you can take it with you anywhere you want to. And, it is also very spacious; not requires much space. Hence, you can keep it anywhere. But, make sure, you keep it at a safe distance from babies.
- The best part is – this electric steam sterilizer comes with 2 years of warranty. So, what more you need.
What I don’t like about this product
- This product is only suitable for Philips Avent baby bottles. I had to purchase the bottles as well. If you are using some other make bottles, I believe you won’t be able to fix those bottles in this sterilizer because of size limitations.
- Another problem that I personally faced is – electric cord attached to it was very small. So, I had to move it closer to the power plug. I had to buy a power extension.
But, still… I would highly recommend it.
So, don’t think much because nothing is more important than your baby’s health and nothing is more precious than your baby’s smile. Thank you, Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer for making my baby smile again.